VoIP Media Engineer
Founded in 2000, ASAL Technologies is the destination for high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective software development and hardware, professional services, and business process outsourcing services. Our highly trained engineers become an extension arm of clients, with high standards in mind that are guaranteed to satisfy even the biggest corporations. All of this is done while supporting our community and cooperating with local universities and startups.
With 300+ employees spread around 3 cities on the West Bank: Nablus, Rawabi & Hebron. And addition to that we’re also recruiting globally. We’re constantly growing, and we can assure you that you will find your passion at ASAL. It’s simple: be smart, fun, and get things done. That’s what we’re looking for!
About The Role:
As a VoIP Media Engineer, you will play a critical role in ensuring the smooth operation of our client's IP telephony voice networks. Your responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing SIP signaling and media flows, with a focus on WebRTC media scenarios.
- Troubleshooting distributed telephony call flows in a high-scalable environment.
- Analyzing and troubleshooting both internal and external VOIP impairment and failures.
- Providing developers with the necessary information to correct issues efficiently.
- Collaborating with the R&D team to address critical and escalated issues and providing regular feedback to the Technical Support team.
- Developing scripts and utilities to automate the analysis process.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in configuring and supporting IP telephony voice networks, preferably in a large enterprise environment.
- Strong knowledge of VOIP technologies, including the SIP protocol, RTP media, and WebRTC.
- Proven experience in analyzing and troubleshooting VOIP issues, such as media call quality, connectivity, and packet loss.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with Scrum and Agile methodologies.
- Bonus points for familiarity with Alcatel-Lucent PBXs, SBCs, or other VOIP equipment and software.
- Knowledge of programming languages, such as Python, is a plus.