Mid level/ Senior Backend Engineer
Founded in 2000, ASAL Technologies is the destination for high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective software development and hardware, professional services, and business process outsourcing services. Our highly trained engineers become an extension arm of clients, with high standards in mind that are guaranteed to satisfy even the biggest corporations. All of this is done while supporting our community and cooperating with local universities and startups.
With 300+ employees spread around 3 cities on the West Bank: Nablus, Rawabi & Hebron. And addition to that we’re also recruiting globally. We’re constantly growing, and we can assure you that you will find your passion at ASAL. It’s simple: be smart, fun, and get things done. That’s what we’re looking for!
About The Role:
ASAL is looking for a Mid-level/ Senior Backend Engineer to join our client Core R&D department and take a significant part in the development of our client core system. We're looking for passionate Backend Engineer who can analyze, design, and develop scalable services and components in the AWS Cloud.
- Help and develop the next-generation or smart product creation services.
- Analyze, design and develop scalable services and components in the AWS Cloud.
- Debug, maintain, and improve the backend infrastructure running on AWS, enhancing its ability to process millions of images per day.
- Design and build flexible pipelines that can rapidly evolve to handle new technologies and modeling approaches.
- Turn requirements into simple, elegant, optimal solutions.
- Work with team members and other groups to achieve company goals.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or any related subject.
- Wealth of experience (2+ or more years) as a backend engineer, writing in Python, Node.js
or/and any related languages.
- Experience designing and implementing distributed and scalable systems.
- Experience developing and working with RESTful web services and client-server architectures.
- Experience with working over Linux OS.
- Self-direction, ambition, and an eagerness to learn new things.
- Ability to take high level project concepts and turn them into well thought out system designs.
- A good listener, curious, adaptable, and collaborative within the team members.
- Must have a positive, Can Do! Attitude and willing to have fun while working.
- Experience in cloud computing and/or AWS services.
- Participated in an end-to-end big data and/or large-scale performance challenge.
- Experience with big data technologies (ideally Spark).